ZETA PHI BETA SORORITY, INC., ZETA NU ZETA CHAPTER INKSTER DOVE FOUNDATION
Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc., is a community-conscious, action-oriented international organization made up of college-educated women. Zeta Phi Beta Sorority was founded on January 16, 1920, at Howard University in Washington D.C. In keeping with our principles of Scholarship, Service, Sisterhood and Finer Womanhood, the Zeta Nu Zeta Chapter of Inkster, Michigan has been committed to providing community service throughout the Inkster and Western Wayne County communities since its inception in 1964. Zeta Phi Beta Sorority is passionate about advancing educational opportunities, which has been the catalyst for Zeta Nu Zeta Chapter to provide hundreds of scholarships to high school graduates who excel in the areas of academics, leadership, extra-curricular activities, and community service.
ready to apply?
High School Senior Scholarship Guidelines
Please review the following scholarship guidelines to determine your eligibility for participation in the scholarship competition. Please sign below acknowledge the scholarship guidelines and confirm your acceptance.
- Currently a graduating high school senior
- A cumulative grade point of 3.0 or above.
- Accepted into an accredited college or university, certified vocational or technical school.
- Must submit an official copy of your most recent transcript.
- Must submit two (2) personal references. One must be an academic reference ( teacher or counselor) and the other can be from an employer, pastor, or a leader from an organization of which you are an active member. ***Archonette applicants must have a reference from your Archonette Advisor.
- Must submit only complete application packets. (Or application will not be evaluated).
- If selected the awardee must attend the Z-Hope Scholarship Award presentation.
- Must submit a professional headshot and a short biographical statement between 100-150 words. This gives you the opportunity to tell us more about you. NO RESUMES – Archonettes include your Archonette’s activities and awards.
- Must submit a 300-500-word typed essay. (See topic)
- Essays must be formatted as follows: Typed, must be double spaced, must use a standard 12 point font (Arial, Times New Roman) and 1 inch margins.
- On a separate sheet of paper, attach your typed, 300-500-word personal essay. Essays will be evaluated based on the extent to which they meet the given essay guidelines/criteria.
- Must electronically submit applications packets (uploaded) or emailed to InksterDoveFoundation@gmail.com no later than 11:59 March 15, 2021.
Topic: Identify and describe a social problem that we are having today. In what ways has it directly affected you? What are some things that you can do to help improve this problem. Be specific in your response.
Formatting Guidelines: Essay should be formatted as follows: Typed, 300 – 500-words, double-spaced, standard 12-point font, with 1-inch margins.
On a separate sheet of paper, attach your typed, 300-500-word personal essay. Essays will be evaluated based on the extent to which they meet the given essay criteria.
Invest In Your Future
ready to apply?
Online Scholarship Application
To receive the scholarship funds in a timely manner, please submit proof of enrollment at an accredited college, university, junior college, certified vocational school, or technical school by mail at the address listed below or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarship applicants will be notified after April 15, 2021, if she is the recipient of the Z-Hope Scholarship Award which will be disbursed in September 2021